The Micro-ACE® (µ-ACE) plastic BGA is the industry's smallest MIL-STD-1553 terminal with a package footprint of .80 inches square. In addition to having the smallest body footprint, the µ-ACE eliminates the real estate occupied by gull wing package leads. As a result, the µ-ACE provides an ideal 1553 solution for applications where PC board space is at a premium.
- The Micro-ACE® (µ-ACE) plastic BGA is the industry's smallest MIL-STD-1553 terminal with a package footprint of .80 inches square. In addition to having the smallest body footprint, the µ-ACE eliminates the real estate occupied by gull wing package leads. As a result, the µ-ACE provides an ideal 1553 solution for applications where PC board space is at a premium.
- The µ-ACE terminals integrate dual transceiver, protocol logic, and either 4K words or 64K words of internal RAM. The µ-ACE's architecture is identical to the Enhanced Mini-ACE®, and is compatible with the previous Mini-ACE (Plus) and ACE generations.
- A salient feature of the µ-ACE is its advanced bus controller architecture. This provides methods to control message scheduling, the means to minimize host overhead for asynchronous message insertion, facilitate bulk data transfers and double buffering, and support various message retry and bus switching strategies. The card's remote terminal architecture provides flexibility in meeting all common MIL-STD-1553 protocols. The choice of RT data buffering and interrupt options provides robust support for synchronous and asynchronous messaging, while ensuring data sample consistency and supporting bulk data transfers. The µ-ACE's monitor mode provides true message monitoring, and supports filtering on an RT address/T/R Bit/subaddress basis.
- The µ-ACE incorporates fully autonomous built-in self-tests of its internal protocol logic and RAM. The µ-ACE terminals provide the same flexibility in host interface configurations as the ACE / Mini-ACE, along with a reduction in the host processor's worst case holdoff time.
- Industry's Smallest 1553 Terminal
- 128-Ball Plastic BGA Package
- 0.140 inch Max Height
- Enhanced Mini-ACE™ Architecture
- Multiple Configurations:
- RT-only, 4K RAM
- BC/RT/Monitor, 4K RAM
- BC/RT/Monitor, 64K RAM
- Supports 1553A/B Notice 2, McAir, STANAG 3838 Protocols
- Compatible With Mini-ACE™ and ACE Generations
- Operates from Either 5V or 3.3V Logic Power
- Highly Autonomous BC with Built-In Message Sequence Controller
- Choice of Single, Double, and Circular RT Buffering Options
- Selective Message Monitor
- Comprehensive Built-In Self-Test
- Choice Of 10, 12, 16, or 20 Mhz Clock Input
- Mission Computers
- Digital Data Recorders
- Ground Vehicles
- Radar Systems/Situational Awareness
- Small Form Factor Boards
- Commercial Aerospace